The Third Eye
There are seven chakras in our bodies and they are the centers in which energy flows through. Blocked energy in our chakras can often lead to illness, so it’s important to understand what each chakra represents and what we can do to keep this energy flowing freely.
The sixth chakra is known as the Third Eye. The color corresponding to the Third Eye is indigo and its location is just above the brow. The developmental stage is adolescence; the body parts governed are the head, brain, eyes, and the 5 senses.
A healthy Third Eye is intuitive, perceptive, and has a healthy imagination. It carries a strong ability to visualize the big picture, and has the confidence to manifest dreams into reality. You may have an excellent emotional and visual memory, and a strong passion for art and creativity. You feel clarity about your desires and have confidence for your passions and abilities. You radiate truth.
The sixth chakra gives us our visions and dreams. These thoughts are like seeds we plant in our Root Chakra to create and give birth to the physical manifestations of our desires. Each chakra brings new growth, and form, creating the life we want to live. It is easy to feel when this chakra is activated and is also easy to blow out. This happening may leave you feeling overly sensitive, and the Third Eye “tingle” may last all day. If this happens place a piece of Obsidian or Healer’s Gold on the chakra location.
Signs of an underactive Third Eye:
- Poor senses
- Poor memory
- Lack of imagination
- Carrying the attitude, “what you see is what you get”
- Limited thinking
- Harsh judgement
- Poor listening skills
- Lack of spirituality, religion and faith in the self
- Feeling like you don’t deserve anything outside of yourself, due to the doubt carried inside
Stones for an underactive Third Eye:
- Herkimer Diamonds – Clears and activates the Third Eye, assists in dream recall (daydreams and night dreams,) creates and enhances personal vision
- Sugilite – Helps to rid one of headaches and migraines, increases intuition and imagination
- Ulexite – Releases ego and judgement, brings clarity, activates senses, brings inner truth to the surface
Signs of an overactive Third Eye:
- Manifestation in confusion
- Putting all faith in imagination
- Having an obsession with signs from a perceived higher power
- Lack of action
- Poor concept of time
- Avoiding reality
- Extreme dreaming or extreme nightmares
Stones for an overactive Third Eye:
- Healer’s Gold – Grounds light, helps to center and contain the chakra
- Fluorite – Transmutes destructive energy waves into constructive energy waves, balances vision, enhances perspective on how to manifest vision
- Labradorite – Evokes transformation, seals aura to contain one’s energy, gives the ability to distinguish your energy from the energy of others, brings the ability to deal with the emotions before reacting to them, enhances emotional growth
Using stones to help bring a chakra back into balance is as easy as placing a stone directly on the chakra. There are many stones you can use to help restore balance and health to your chakras. First, you have to be open to the concept of using stones and then learn how to properly use them. I encourage you to make this a part of your journey for whole health.
Heather Nichols is the owner and trusted tarot reader, astrology reader and soul retriever of Stones & Stuff, a rock shop, in Portland. Whether it’s a stone, a service or a sense of community gained through our workshops, you will find your authentic self there. Ready to commit to your s#%t? Our team can help! You can reach us at 207-874-0789 or visit our website at:
www.stonesandstuff.com for a list of our services and events. Stones & Stuff is located at 556 Congress Street, Portland, ME.