Overcome Cancer Naturally
Most of us have cancer cells at some point and don’t know it. And most of us have healed our cancer without knowing it. You may be healing cancer now as you read this. Read that last line again. You have the inborn potential to heal yourself. You do it every day. If you cut yourself, bruise yourself, break a bone, what happens? Your body heals it. You don’t even have to think about that. Have you ever thought of the magnitude of physiological changes that have to happen for you to heal a paper cut? And imagine a broken bone? Your body is amazing. That being said, sometimes it breaks down, doesn’t it?
Do you think it does that from random chance? Or do you think it may be from the stressful lives we are living?
Let’s take a look at what determines our health. Even conservative estimates are that less than five percent of chronic illness, including cancer, is attributable to genes. The other 95% of our health then is determined by our lifestyle. Our lifestyle; or how we eat, move and think, determines our health. When it comes to cancer or any other chronic illness like heart disease, diabetes, obesity, etc., the better we eat, move and think, the healthier we will be. If I were told I had cancer today, I would absolutely make sure I am doing my best to eat right, move right and think right. Let’s take a look at the top ten things that in my opinion would help.
1. Cut out sugar immediately. Cancer feeds on sugar. It uses sugar as fuel to grow and thrive. Sugar includes simple carbs and grains, not just the obvious, like candy. It includes soda, breads, rice, cookies, pasta, ice cream, crackers, etc. A study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that higher fasting blood glucose levels were associated with an increase in cancer incidence and cancer-related deaths. Don’t just take my word for it, search “Cancer and sugar” to read the research.
2. Eat more raw food: fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds. Intake of fruits and vegetables is inversely proportionate to the rate of cancer. The more fruits and vegetables you eat, the less your chance of cancer, and the less fruits and vegetables you eat, the greater your chance of cancer. All plant foods contain nutrients, which aid healing.
3. Check your Vitamin D levels and take a supplement if your levels are below 60ng/ml. When Vitamin D levels are between 60-90ng/ml, it has been found to reduce the spread and reproduction of cancer cells.
4. Drink more water. Water brings oxygen to cancer cells. The more hydrated your body is, the better your body can fight cancer. Adding lemon to your water also provides a different flavor while acting as a cleanser for your liver.
5. Keep your body free of as many chemicals as possible. That means drink the cleanest water, breathe the freshest air whenever possible and use organic soaps, detergents, shampoos, toothpaste, deodorant and cleaning products in your home. Eliminate all chemicals in your food as well. This includes artificial sweeteners, artificial flavors (especially MSG), artificial colors, soda, caffeine, coffee, high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated/partially hydrogenated oils/trans fats (especially margarine), alcohol, processed meat, dairy and sugar. Along with sugar, I would recommend eliminating other white foods like potatoes, rice, bread and pasta.
6. Do some sort of exercise every day. Exercise is essential. Give your cells oxygen! Exercise also improves your body’s immune response, which is what helps us kill cancer cells every day. There are plenty of studies that show exercise helps fight cancer.
7. Get 8-9 hours of quality sleep each night. The body rebuilds and heals while you sleep so it is very important to get rest.
8. Reduce stress levels as much as possible. It is a known fact that high stress levels increase the growth rate of cancer and also increase the spread of cancer. High stress levels are a major risk factor for cancer. Decreasing anxiety and anger would be part of this process. When I am in a stressful situation, I ask myself, “In a year, will this really matter?” I would say no to things that I don’t want to do or don’t have time or energy for.
9. Forgive. Forgiveness is perhaps the most important act when it comes to helping cure cancer. There are many books that talk not only about the power of forgiveness, but also the negative power of not forgiving those who you feel have wronged you. Hanging onto those thoughts and emotions can be detrimental to your health.
10. Have hope. Have hope. I would look at all of the things above that I am doing and know that I can cure myself of cancer. I would remind myself daily that people have been doing it for years. I would know that all cancers are treatable and I would read survivor stories. I would have hope in the human body’s ability to heal itself. I am still alive and I am taking action daily towards a healthier me, and that would give me hope. Health comes from positive lifestyle choices – eating right, moving right and thinking right – and I am making lifestyle choices to return my body to health, the ultimate goal. I would know that I am taking responsibility for my own health.
These are ten steps that you can take today to improve the strength of your body to deal with any health issue you may encounter. Remember that the past does not equal the future. Just because you have cancer now does not mean you will have cancer next month, or even next year. You are still here, and you are a survivor already!
Dr. Christine E. Maguire is a Certified Chiropractic Wellness Practitioner practicing at Family Chiropractic Associates in Scarborough. She has completed the International Chiropractors Association’s postgraduate wellness certification program, which encompasses the physical, bio-chemical, and psychological dimensions of the wellness lifestyle. Dr. Maguire is the author of “Hope. 30 Tips to Overcome Cancer Naturally”, which can be found on Amazon and has also been featured in the “Chicken Soup for the Chiropractic Soul” with one of her personal patient’s story. For more information or to contact Dr. Maguire, visit: www.scarboroughfamilychiro.com or call 207-885-9415.